Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher I listened to this book unabridged. It was pretty close to torture by the end. I liked the concept at first and was intrigued. The only reason I finished it was because I didn't have another audio book lined up to listen to in the car and by the time I did... I was close to the end. I HATED the characters and wanted to jump into the story and kill the girl myself. Drama, drama, drama... everyone goes through this in High School and her story was nothing special. How this book got an average of 4 STARS is beyond me. I guess for those teenagers that can sympathize it hit a mark with them? But what kind of message does this book send? Here are legitimate reasons to commit suicide? If that were the case then the human race would cease to exist. Maybe the Author made her this way on purpose and to illicit this exact reaction I have, but I highly doubt it. I found myself yelling out at the radio, "You dumb *!$%, get a grip and stop blaming everyone else for your problems." Maybe if the character had true depression, that would be understandable but they did the opposite and pointed the finger using these "reasons why". Horrible and gives a terrible message in my opinion, plus the writing and dialogue is atrocious.