Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly

Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly - Anthony Bourdain I loved this book, every bit of it. Maybe it's because I'm a foodie but it was chock full of great advice, honest memoir and surprisingly great writing from a celebrity chef. I liked Anthony Bourdain before reading this but I LOVE him now. I couldn't believe his honest story telling capability. He hashed every failure in the kitchen, all his downfalls through some enjoyably drug induced times and his rewards among it all. I loved the way he was so honest about what happens behind the doors of a kitchen, how most chefs love to drink and party to release steam.... even how using those drugs back in the day didn't ruin his life but like most people just turned around one day and said that time has past. He has had such a rich and exciting life in kitchens all over making a book of his career extremely exciting and fun to follow along. Most celebrity memories skip over all the bad times, or even edit them but you can tell he is completely honest about his failures which is so refreshing. I would recommend this book to anyone, foodie or not.